Office of the University Registrar
COURSE REPEAT FORM
Deadline for submitting the form at the Office
of the University Registrar is:
Fall & Spring Semesters: 8 weeks after the beginning of the semester in which the course is repeated.
Summer 6 weeks Session: 14 days after the beginning of the session in which the course is repeated.
Summer 3 weeks Sessions: 7 days after the beginning of the session in which the course is repeated.
Winter Session: 7 days after the beginning of the session in which the course is repeated.
COURSE REPEAT POLICY
Students pursuing an Undergraduate degree may repeat A course ONE time to improve their grades. However, the policy is subject to the following limitations:
- Students may repeat a maximum of 5 courses during the entire undergraduate career.
- The rule applies to courses taken at AUC within two consecutive Academic Years (Four Successive Semesters).
- All course repeats must be taken in residency at AUC.
- Students must repeat the same course that was previously taken. In case that the same course is no longer offered within the permissible two years, the department offering the course is authorized to substitute it by another course with the approval of the Department of Major.
- Students cannot make use of the Repeat policy if the grade is related to Academic Integrity.
- After a course is repeated, the credit hours of the first attempt will not be matriculated in the total earned hours of the student record. Also the grade received in the first attempt will not be deleted from the student's record but it will no more be calculated in the grade point average; instead the second grade is the one that will be calculated in the grade point average.
- The Repeat policy is only applied upon submission of Online Course Repeat form
The deadline to submit the Online Course Repeat form
is by the eighth week of the semester in which the course is being repeated.
For repeated courses not using the Repeat policy, the following will be applied:
- The grades of the first and second attempt are kept on the student record.
- Both grades are calculated in the grade point average.
- The hours of the first attempt will be excluded from the earned hours on the record.